Patagonia Multisport Adventure
COME JOIN US ON A TRIP OF A LIFETIME!
We first fell in love with Chile 21 years ago and have been safely, and expertly, rafting the Futaleufú River since 1993. We have blended a delightful mix of multi-sport activities for you to try and enjoy on this action-packed vacation in southern Chile.
Our Futaleufú adventure is based out of our beautiful riverside camp, overlooking the turquoise blue waters of the Futaleufú River as it surges beneath Patagonia’s snow capped mountains. Enjoy the best in Chile rafting and multi-sport fun on Bio Bio Expedition’s signature adventure vacation, and one which truly represents who we are as a company. Chile and the Futaleufú River is the place – and this is the trip – where we discovered and developed that magical alchemy of adventure, rivers, culture, camaraderie, and unique touches that have come to represent who we are at Bio Bio Expeditions.
Once you arrive at our gorgeous Futaleufú Adventure Base Camp overlooking the river, you will realize that you have stepped into your dream adventure travel trip. This will become your home-away-from-home for your vacation week in Chile – your own “safari-style” tented bungalow nestled into the cliff overlooking the turquoise waters and complete with warm down comforters and mattresses for your lazing pleasure. Every morning, after being delivered a hot cup of coffee or tea to tent bungalow door, you can look forward to another day of fun adventures on or around the Futaleufú. Each day involves a new and customized mix of activities guided by some of the most accomplished and talented international outdoor guides.
River-based fun include whitewater rafting the famous, incomparable Futaleufú River, inflatable kayaking the aptly named Rio Azul, fly fishing (or spin) for Patagonia rainbow trout, or taking a lesson in whitewater kayaking. Land-based activities include horseback riding and hiking up pristine valleys and mountain biking a mix of ox-trails and single track.
Futaleufú athletic fun is rounded out by the amenities available back at our deluxe Base Camp – relax in one of our two riverside hot tubs, completely unwind with a professional massage or in our daily yoga classes, enjoy our wood fired sauna, savor the gourmet cuisine prepared by our professional chef, try wine tasting at the sunset bar and salsa dancing under the Southern Cross, or just chill out around the campfire with a cup of tea. Really, what could be better?
- Hotel & Welcome Dinner on First Night
- All meals from dinner on Day One through lunch on Day Nine.
- All needed gear and sleeping kit is provided.
- Free use of our fleet of 14 suspension mountain bikes, whitewater kayaks and catarafts, and a variety of fishing equipment
- Yoga classes every morning and private yoga sessions on request
- A full range of multisport adventures…
- Fly fishing on the Futaleufú River – either from shore, or from a cataraft in the calm canyon in front of camp. First timers and experts welcome!
- Gourmet cuisine including freshly baked bread, fresh vegetables from either our organic garden or an adjacent farm and dinner always start with housemade soup
- We can cater to many dietary needs: pescatarian, vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan, carnivore
- Candlelight dinners in our “Galpon”; a covered, open air log structure hand-built by our good friend and talented Chilean carpenter, Rolando.
- Inflatable kayaking on the Azul River and Espolon River – the Futaleufú’s two largest tributaries
- Horseback riding
- Unlimited use of hammocks in the open-air library
- An evening of Chilean wine tasting, including some wine made by a couple of our guides in Mendoza, Argentina
- A sunset “float” downstream to a beautiful beach for a riverside BBQ and campfire
- Visits to local farms to soak in the Patagonian culture
- Farewell Asado – traditional Chilean feast
- Mountain biking or hiking on nearby scenic trails
- Stand-up paddleboard in the calm waters around camp or rapids up river
- And, of course, whitewater rafting one of the most exciting, beautiful rivers in the world!
Trip Does Not Include:
- Trip video
- Airfare or transportation to and from Patagonia, Chile
- Meals not indicated
- Trip Insurance
- Tips and gratuities